Stillwater Public Library Storytimes
Join us for engaging storytimes for children and their families and caregivers, specifically designed with early literacy learning in mind.
Baby & Toddler Storytime
First and Third Tuesdays in January – April:
Join Puppy Pete and Miss Kim for an interactive storytime designed especially for our youngest learners. Activities include books, songs, puppets, fingerplays and body movement. Ages 0-3. No registration is required.
Programs will be held at 10:30 AM in the Margaret Rivers Room, located on the upper level of the library.
Second Saturday Storytimes
Second Saturday of Each Month:
Join Baby Bear and Miss Kim at 10:30 AM on the Second Saturday of each month for stories, songs, poems and more to encourage the development of early literacy skills. Programs will be in the Margaret Rivers Room, located on the upper level of the library. No registration is required.
Wednesday Preschool Storytimes
Wednesdays in January – April:
Join us for Preschool Storytimes on Wednesdays in January through April at 10:30 AM and again at 11:30 AM at the library. Consider coming at 11:30 AM if you prefer more space and fewer people. No registration is required.
Music & Movement Storytime
On the first Monday of the month, get grooving during Music & Movement Storytime with Music Together in the Valley.
Baby Bear & Miss Kim
On the other Wednesdays, join Baby Bear and Miss Kim for storytime fun as they explore stories, songs, poems and more to encourage the development of early literacy skills.
In May, we take a break from our regular Wednesday storytimes as we prepare for Summer Explorers, the library’s summer reading program. In May, we’ll post the library’s schedule of summer events.
Storytimes are typically held in the Margaret Rivers Room on the upper level of the library. On Wednesday, April 24, storytime will be moved to the magazine area on the lower level as we prepare for the Friends of the Library Used Book Sale in the Margaret Rivers Room.
Missing storytime at the library or at school?
Check out these online storytime options or tune into virtual reading and learning offerings with authors and illustrators.
Stillwater Storytimes & Programs
- Stillwater Public Library Virtual Storytime – Visit our YouTube page to view select recorded storytimes. There will be singing, talking, reading, writing and playing.
- Stillwater Public Library Programs – Check out our full calendar of upcoming programs for kids, teens and adults.
- Brightly Storytime – A video collection of full-length picture books read aloud.
- Storyline Online – Videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creative illustrations.
- Story Time From Space – Videos of astronauts read children’s books from the International Space Station!
- KidLit TV Read Out Loud – KitLitTV features a range of shows including storytimes, drawing lessons, interviews and more.
Authors, Illustrators and Celebrities
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems – Archived from 2020.
- Write. Right. Rite: Grab the Mic Series – National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature, Jason Reynolds, is launching a weekly videos series. The biweekly video series will inspire young people to tell their own stories.
- Making Space with Christian Robinson – This video series invites everyone to join in making something together. Creativity has the power to heal and everyone has a creative spark. These videos help you explore yours!
- Dav Pilkey at Home – Find fun and free activities from Dog Man author Dav Pilkey.
- Draw Every Day with JJK – Archived webcasts with author and illustrator Jarrett J. Krosoczka.
- Stimola Literary Studio – A collection of live stream events for kids, tweens, and teens by professional authors and illustrators.
- Todd Parr on YouTube – Listen to Todd Parr read “The Worry Book” and his other books on his YouTube channel.
- Oliver Jeffers on Instagram – Archived readings.
- Mac Barnett on Instagram – Archived readings.
- Kate Messner – Favorite authors and illustrators share resources for virtual reading and learning (Spring 2020).