Library Study Rooms
The library has three study rooms (for 1 to 2 users) and a group study room (for 3 to 6 users). These rooms are intended for quiet study or consultation by students and other community users. Rooms may not be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The study rooms are not intended for commercial operations, such as hired tutoring sessions, taking of legal depositions, employment interviews, staff meetings, or other such activities.
Library Meeting Rooms
Meeting rooms at Stillwater Public Library are available for groups to come together to learn and exchange information and ideas. The library makes meeting rooms available to the public regardless of the beliefs or affiliation of the individuals or groups requesting their use. Use of meeting rooms and spaces is guided by Stillwater Public Library’s Study Rooms, Meeting and Event Policy.
The library’s reservable meeting spaces are the Conference Room, Margaret Rivers A, Margaret Rivers B, and a combined Margaret Rivers A and B. All spaces are located on the upper level of the library in the gallery and event wing. The Johnson Terrace may not be reserved.
|Conference Room||Margaret Rivers A||Margaret Rivers B||Combined Margaret Rivers A&B|
|Capacity||3 – 12||3 – 20||3 – 60||3 – 100|
|Standard Set Up||Board Room for 12||Hollow rectangle for 20||Horseshoe for 30||
Hollow rectangle in A Horseshoe in B with room divider open
|Custom Set Up||N||N||$25||$25|
|Room Rental Fees||Free to $30/hr||Free to $30/hr||Free to $30/hr||Free to $60/hr|
Reserve a Library Meeting Room
To reserve a meeting, follow these three steps:
- To see available meeting rooms and submit a reservation request, go to https://washcolib.libcal.com/reserve/StillwaterPublicLibrary. For step-by-step instructions, see our Booking How-To Guide.
- An email will be sent indicating that your booking has been submitted. The reservation will be in pending status, not yet approved by the library.
- The library will review the submitted request. If the booking is approved, a second email will be sent with confirmation information. If the library has questions regarding the request or the request is denied, you will be contacted with additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the meeting room rates?
Meeting room rentals are available free of charge during library hours to nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and community groups. Fees are charged to for-profit organizations and to all groups meeting when the library is closed.
Nonprofits, Government & Community Groups Room Rental
When Library is Open
Nonprofits, Government & Community Group Room Rental
When Library is Closed
For-Profit Organization Room Rental
When Library is Open or Closed
|Room Set-Up Fees|
Custom: Not available
|Margaret Rivers A||$0/hr||$30/hr||$30/hr||
Custom: Not available
|Margaret Rivers B||$0/hr||$30/hr||$30/hr||
|Margaret Rivers A&B||$0/hr||$60/hr||$60/hr||
- A no-show fee of $40 will be charged unless a cancellation has been verified the business day prior to the reserved event. Any outstanding no-show fees must be paid before a new reservation is made.
- Each meeting space has standard arrangements for seating. If a custom room configuration is requested, a $25 setup fee is applied.
- Meetings must not charge a fee for entrance and should not involve sales or donations. Reserved spaces may not be used for the purpose of transacting commercial activities, including the provision of fee-based services, without prior authorization from the Library Director or designee.
May space be rented for special events?
The library’s terrace and meeting rooms are not available for weddings, exchanges of vows, and other social events (such as rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, anniversary parties, celebrations of life, fundraisers).
How far in advance can rooms be reserved?
Rooms can be reserved up to 90 days in advance of the meeting date and must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the booking start time.
What is your cancellation policy?
A $40 no-show fee will be charged unless a cancellation has been verified the business day prior to the reservation. Any outstanding no-show fee must be paid before a new reservation is made.
What technology is available in the rooms?
Available technology and basic room information may be viewed by clicking the Info icon next to each meeting room name on the online reservation system at https://washcolib.libcal.com/reserve/StillwaterPublicLibrary.
Where is the library located? Where is parking? Where are the meeting rooms?
The library is located on 224 Third Street North, between Myrtle and Mulberry. The library has its own 43 vehicle parking ramp on Third Street. It is free of charge for meeting guests and library patrons and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Meeting attendees may enter the building through the ramp and take the elevator up to the meeting rooms on the upper level (UL).
Are food and beverages allowed in the meeting rooms?
Any refreshments served in the meeting rooms must be packaged and non-perishable or purchased through a licensed caterer. No homemade food or drinks may be brought into the meeting rooms and no electrical appliances are permitted. The library does not have any vending machines.
What if I have a suggested program or event for the library?
If you have a program suggestion or event for the library to host, please complete our Program Request Form.
Sarah Foslien, Administrative Office